We’re hosting a tweet chat with our friends from Dell and you’re invited!
When: March 22 from 2-3 p.m. ET
Topic: 10 Tools Every Small Business Owner Should Know About
This chat will feature Dell experts giving tips and advice on the ten tools every small business owner can use to run their businesses more efficiently. We hope you can join us! Don’t know what a tweet chat is? Read more below to find out what it is and how to participate!
What is a tweet chat?
A tweet chat is an interactive way to use Twitter to have a conversation with others about a specific topic or idea. A moderator hosts the chat and keeps the conversation moving forward. This chat will focus on trends, tips and advice for small business owners.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to participate in a tweet chat:
1. At the scheduled chat time, log onto www.tweetchat.com (or whatever tweet chat tool you like) using your twitter name and password. Enter the hashtag at the top of the screen. In our case, our chat is on March 22 at 2 p.m. ET, and the hashtag is #MantaSMB.
2. Let your followers know you will be participating in a chat, then introduce yourself or wait for the chat to begin. The moderator will start the conversation by asking a question in all caps. Here’s an example: Q1– HOW DO YOU BALANCE BEING A BUSINESS OWNER AND HAVING A FAMILY? #MantaSMB
3. When you answer questions, make sure you notate which question you are answering. For example: A1 – I set priorities so I can balance by time between my business and my family. #MantaSMB
4. Remember to add the chat hashtag to the end of your tweets. A tool like www.tweetchat.com will automatically do this for you.
5. Don’t be afraid to add your thoughts to the topic or to ask follow-up questions. As long as your questions are on topic, they are welcome during the tweet chat.
6. Avoid sales pitches or marketing messages; the chat is about sharing your experiences, not selling your products. Often moderators will open up the floor for these types of tweets at the end of the chat.
7. Get to know the other participants. As you start participating in the tweet chat, if you find some of the participants to be interesting, insightful or helpful, be sure to add these people to the list of Twitter users you follow. This is a great way to build your network.