We’re hosting a tweet chat with our friends from Dell and you’re invited!

When: March 22 from 2-3 p.m. ET

Topic: 10 Tools Every Small Business Owner Should Know About

Hashtag: #MantaSMB

This chat will feature Dell experts giving tips and advice on the ten tools every small business owner can use to run their businesses more efficiently. We hope you can join us! Don’t know what a tweet chat is? Read more below to find out what it is and how to participate!

What is a tweet chat?

A tweet chat is an interactive way to use Twitter to have a conversation with others about a specific topic or idea. A moderator hosts the chat and keeps the conversation moving forward.  This chat will focus on trends, tips and advice for small business owners.

Follow these step-by-step instructions to participate in a tweet chat:

1. At the scheduled chat time, log onto www.tweetchat.com (or whatever tweet chat tool you like) using your twitter name and password. Enter the hashtag at the top of the screen. In our case, our chat is on March 22 at 2 p.m. ET, and the hashtag is #MantaSMB.

2. Let your followers know you will be participating in a chat, then introduce yourself or wait for the chat to begin. The moderator will start the conversation by asking a question in all caps. Here’s an example: Q1– HOW DO YOU BALANCE BEING A BUSINESS OWNER AND HAVING A FAMILY? #MantaSMB

3. When you answer questions, make sure you notate which question you are answering. For example: A1 – I set priorities so I can balance by time between my business and my family. #MantaSMB

4. Remember to add the chat hashtag to the end of your tweets. A tool like www.tweetchat.com will automatically do this for you.

5. Don’t be afraid to add your thoughts to the topic or to ask follow-up questions. As long as your questions are on topic, they are welcome during the tweet chat.

6. Avoid sales pitches or marketing messages; the chat is about sharing your experiences, not selling your products. Often moderators will open up the floor for these types of tweets at the end of the chat.

7. Get to know the other participants. As you start participating in the tweet chat, if you find some of the participants to be interesting, insightful or helpful, be sure to add these people to the list of  Twitter users you follow. This is a great way to build your network.

Comments

• Anna Harper-Hess says

Hi Dean,

The chat is actually tomorrow (March 22) from 2-3PM ET. I hope you can make it, but if you can’t we will post a recap right here on the blog.

Anna

1. Gina says

Looking forward to the tweet. I didn’t know there was tweet chat though. I’m still learning about all this social stuff on the internet.

• Anna Harper-Hess says

Hi Gina,

I hope you can join us for the tweet chat. It’s a fun way to connect on Twitter!

Anna

2. says

The topic certainly sounds insightful and promising. Social media engagement has become an indispensable activity not just for the individual but for businesses as well. I look forward to it.

• Anna Harper-Hess says

HI Constant Strategies,

I’m glad you’ll be attending. We’re looking forward to it!

Anna

• Anna Harper-Hess says

Hi Raisa,

We’ll post a recap of the chat after the chat on the 22nd.

Thanks,
      Anna

3. says

Didn’t get to see this in my email until now. A few days notice would have been nice so I could have worked it into my schedule, instead of just throwing it out at the last minute. Not too professional. Does anyone know if there will be a recording or a replay?

• Anna Harper-Hess says

Hi Benton,

Sorry you feel like our notification was too late. We’ll post a recap on the blog after the chat on the 22nd.

Anna

4. says

Can you email me the information? I am not available at the time of your chat but would be very interested in seeing the recommendations. Thank you. Sue Hunt

• Anna Harper-Hess says

Hi Sue,

We’ll post a recap of the chat on the blog. Be sure to check back after the 22nd! :)

Thanks,
      Anna

5. Barbara Rodenbaugh says

Remove my name/email address from your mailing list. In other words, please UNSUBSCRIBE me. I tried clicking on the unsubscribe link without success. Thanks

• Anna Harper-Hess says

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for reaching out. I’ve unsubscribed you from all communications. If in the future you would like to resubscribe, you can do so by logging into your Manta account and going to the notifications tab under my profile. Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything else.

Thanks,
      Anna

6. Coaly says

I like the tweet, but I am thinking will I have time to be in the chat every time, I don’t know ,but I will give it a try, and see how it goes.
    Thank!

• Anna Harper-Hess says

Hi Stan,

Thanks for the feedback! We’ll post a recap on our blog after the chat.

Anna

7. says

This appears to be another technological advancement to interact with other businesses, consumers and potential clients. I look forward to using it.

8. Don Freiburger says

Fortunately In June I will be 87 years of age. On June 16th, 1925, God Blessed Me With Life. Here we are in 2012, hopefully some one will help me twitter. Thank You Don Freiburger

9. Wireless Fence Guy says

Very interesting I had never heard of a tweet chat before. The topic 10 tools every small business owner should know peeks my curiousity. We can always learn from open discussions between business owners. I would like to attend to learn the ten tools and to see exactly how this “Tweet Chat” works. Unfortunately I have a prior engagement and will not be available to attend but would certainly be interested in receiving a copy if this is something that is recorded.

• Anna Harper-Hess says

Hi,

You’re in luck! After we host the chat, we’ll post a recap of the chat on our blog. :)

Anna

10. College of Content says

College of Content says this sounds like it’s going to be one cool event. if you get a chance, please post more videos in the near future of your wonderful Manta events. College of Content respects Manta and salutes you, and keeping up the good work!